Tuesday, March 14, 2006

New Recipes....

Okay, do you ever feel like you make the SAME OLD THING for dinner? I knew this was coming, just didn't have the energy to start learning to cook some new stuff. I've been so busy with baseball season starting, and being sick that I've just been making whatever I can throw together for dinner in 20 mins or less for the past few weeks. I took the hint last night when my husband said...uh...I'm gonna go pick something up to eat, after I told him what we're having (which was basically leftovers of leftovers).

So I decide to pour over my several hundred cookbooks and find some new recipes to try and hopefully add to my list of things I can make for dinner.

Tonight is crockpot ribs over rice (which by the way if the dinner doesn't have rice, my husband probably won't want it, he's filipino and seems to require rice with atleast 1-2 meals per day!!!) =0)

It was a fairly simple recipe, and the fact that it's made in a crockpot scores points with me cause I love using my crockpot and smellin' what's cookin for dinner all day! =0)

Tomorrow I'm making Garlic Shrimp Linguine, some caesar salad and garlic break.
I think Thursday we'll have teriyaki chicken with pineapple fried rice (I've been wanting to try the recipe on the back of the mahatma jasmine rice bag for a while now), I'm going to "attempt" to make fried chicken sometime this weekend, I am scared of frying things in oil but I'm a give it a shot. =0)

Anyone wanna send some recipes (that are yummy and easy) my way....feel free!!!

Okay I'm off to baseball practice now....b-bye!

No comments: