Friday, July 13, 2007

My very first quilt!!!! FINISHED!!!

When I was pregnant and had my baby shower, one of the gifts that meant so much to me was the beautiful quilt my Aunt Rita made for the baby. My baby is now 12 1/2 and he still loves that quilt. I decided when I found out my brother was going to have a baby, that I wanted to learn how to make a quilt so I could take it to the hospital the day my nephew was born.

I literally finished sewing the last corner when my brother called to say they were at the hospital and would be calling back to let us know how long they thought it might be til he's here (once my sis-in-law is examined).

I am so happy I was able to finish the quilt in time and can't wait to give it to them!!!

It was a lot of work and I definitely appreciate all the time and hard work it took to make the quilt I was given 13 years ago. Hopefully my nephew will enjoy his new quilt. =0)

Here it is:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You go girl with your crafty beautiful self!!! What an amazing gift!!!!