Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Weekend....

While my husband was in Vegas for an r/c boat race, my son and I decided to take a vacation of our own. Not very far, just to my mom's house in Pleasanton for the weekend. I love spending time with my mom. We always have a good time together and it's relaxing to just do whatever we want, no plans just have fun! We went to the Danville Fall Festival for a little while on Saturday. I didn't buy anything, but we saw this beautiful GLASS PUMPKIN PATCH.....I would love to have bought one but thought, I don't really have anywhere to put it when fall is over and it would probably get broken so I'll just take a picture:





I've always wanted to have one of these cartoon caricatures done of my son, and there was a guy there drawing them for only $5!!!! It turned out really cute and I had it matted & framed to hang in his room!!!



We went to Richards Craft Store and got a bunch of deals (everything was 25% off in the store on Saturday!!!) And of course after running around and shopping, I had to take my son to the skate park for a while. When we were there, this older guy was skateboarding which at first I thought what is this old guy hanging out with a bunch of kids? But he was actually a really good skater. My mom & I got to talking with him and found out he's been skating for 35 years, and his son (Nate Schierholtz)plays for the SF Giants!



He was really cool, and you could tell he is a really proud dad! He gave us some autographed baseball cards which was very nice!

The rest of the weekend we just relaxed, ate out a couple times, went through old family photos and went to the book store in Downtown mainstreet. I didn't really take a lot of pictures, just enjoyed spending time with my mom and my son. It was a great weekend!!!!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

How cute! I would have bought one of those pumpkins!