Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A gift for a friend...

About a month ago my friend lost her baby at 5 months pregnant. She just got married in November and everyone at my work was absolutely devastated. She is the daughter of our president, and also my hairdresser. Her husband works with me and is the sweetest guy you could ever know.

I haven't seen my friend since it happened because they took some much needed time off and went to Mexico for a month to be with her husband's family. They're back and I get to see her tomorrow. I wanted to do something for her that might pick her spirits up a little bit. I haven't lost a baby that far a long in a pregnancy before but have had my share of miscarriages and ectopic pregnancies and know how hard this can be to get over.




I made a 10x10" canvas with a picture I took of them on their wedding day. Along the side of the canvas I printed the words to the song "Lucky" by Jason Mraz and Colbie Callait (the sone she walked down the aisle to during their wedding).

The flower is the color she had in her bouquet and centerpieces. And lots of bling of course cause that always makes a girl happy right? =0)

My note to her says:

It's hard to understand why we have to experience such heartache and hard times in our life. I still haven't figured that one out. What I have come to realize through all that I've been through in my life, that these times only make your marriage even stronger.

You and (husband's name) are in love and will get through this together. Focus on the love you have for each other and you'll be okay.

Here is a little something I made for you both to hopefully put a smile on your face and to keep fresh in your mind the love you felt on the day you said "I Do" to your best friend and love of your life.

I love you both!

Jennie

No comments: