Tuesday, January 3, 2006

Yummmmm! TANDY KAKES!!!!!!!




This is what I just finished eating. If you love Reese's Peanut Butter Cups OR
Peanut Butter Tasty Kakes (if you're from the east coast) - you will love these.

This is a recipe from my Aunt Rita, it's super easy to make and SO DELICIOUS!!!!!

If you're like me and you've decided that you'll put off your new year's resolution of eating better til next week, run to your grocery store and buy these ingredients:

2 Cups Flour
1 Cup Milk
a pinch of salt
2 tspn baking powder
2 tbsp margarine
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 tspn vanilla

(for the topping):
peanut butter
2 large hersheys milk chocolate bars (if you're like me and burn chocolate when melting, you might want to pick up a few extra just in case you screw up the first round).

DIRECTIONS:

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

Grease & flour a jelly roll pan (I use my clear glass rectangular baking dish that I use for making either brownies or lasagna - it seems to work good - I'm not sure what a jelly roll pan is so this is what I use).

Mix together the cake ingredients, pour onto pan

Bake for 25 - 30 minutes

Remove from oven

Spread on Peanut Butter while still hot

After the cake cools, melt chocolate (a double boiler works best to avoid burning the chocolate. I didn't have one so I just put some water in a small saucepan, put it on low / med heat and put the chocolate in another small same sized saucepan right on top of the one with the water - just like a double boiler (sorry for the really detailed instructions, I'm one of those people who likes step by step and pictures so I know I'm doing it right!)

Spread melted chocolate on top - let cool to semi hard stage

Score like brownies

After it cools completely, ENJOY!!!!

These are so yummmy!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

SuburbanMom said...

Yum yum!