Sunday, July 17, 2005

People are so irritating!

This weekend we went camping to a place that I went to when I was my son's age.
I was so excited to go and hoped I would remember the place from when I was a kid.
What I do remember from going there before was that there was this cool little swimming beach area that had water shooting out the middle. I wanted our campsite to be as close as possible to that area since we do not have a boat and the weather was around 105 degrees there.

When we got there, I must have asked 5 different rangers where the swim area was with the water shooting out the middle...no one knew, and they said there was only one swim area but no fountain in it. So we camped by the only swim area and after setting up, hiked our way to go swim. We get there and the man-made beach looks much smaller than I remember and there's not fountain. My husband takes one look at the water, decides it looks like a fresh water fish tank (all greenish brown) and says I'm not going in that. Now normally I'm quite picky about stuff like this, but it was so friggen' hot I didn't care and there were other people swimming in there too so it must be allright. Well there we are on our rafts and all of a sudden there's this bubbling coming out of the water pretty close to where I am floating...it totally freaked me out! I wasn't sure if it was a fish or what it was but it scared the crap out of me. Turns out there's a pipe in the bottom of the swim hole that water comes out of. There must be 2 pipes that does that cause every once in a while you would see it in one spot, then the other, the same 2 spots all weekend. After a while it was kinda funny because new people would come and everyone would freak out over the bubbling. It was kinda entertaining.

So yesterday, we go to the swim area and there are these weird people, very irritating, they're splashing water right by us, not caring that we're just trying to relax and float on our rafts and there is plenty of other areas they could do this without bothering anyone, but no....they just keep on splashing, and swearing around a bunch of kids, it was annoying. Then today we go back and the same people are there as well as all the rest of their group of like 30 people. All equally annoying. These people were pigs, drinking beer and throwing their cans on the ground, eating watermelon and throwing the ends on the ground, swearing and then all of them were playing frisbee in the water, taking up over 1/2 the swim hole to play (think like a volleyball game with teams on each side). I was so irritated that we could only float in the very shallow end (like 2 feet deep) because they were taking the whole area for themselves. They're swearing up a storm, splashing, being pigs, and then when their stupid frisbee lands right near me and splashed me, one guy had nerve to ask if I could throw it back to him (which would require me getting off my comfy raft to do so)...I said "No, I can't!". That felt good!!!! Finally after 3 games of their frisbee playing, they got out of the water. We were able to enjoy it for about 10 mins and then had to get ready to pack up for the weekend. I guess I can atleast be grateful we weren't camping next to them, that would have been worse I guess. When we drove by the swim area on our way out of the campground, I wasn't surprised when I saw all their beer cans and trash scattered all over the beach and they were gone. Why can't some people be respectful and pick up after themselves? I'll never understand that.

Oh well, other than that, we had a great time camping!!!

3 comments:

mesogoofy2 said...

hi Tangee,

actually we have a really nice RV with all the comforts of home, so I wouldn't exactly call it camping, I did go outside a few times ha ha! =0)

Camping is so much fun though, you should definitely take the kids camping. let me know if you need ideas for good kid-friendly places...

MarylandMommy said...

Ah, camping brings back so many fun childhood memories for me! We keep talking about going but our son is 3 1/2 & we haven't gone yet. Hopefully, we will find a place by the end of the summer to at least try out.

Jess said...

I'm sorry your camping trip didn't go so well. Maybe next time you could scout the area ahead of time, talk to a ranger and find out if that sort of thing is typical?