Saturday, July 23, 2005

Today was a nice day, EXTREMELY HOT (like in the low 100's) but a good day.
I ran a bunch of errands with my son, had some hawaiian food for lunch YUMMY!
and ended the day at my friend's church for a Gospel Music Celebration for the
St Pauls Missionary Baptist Church's (San Jose, CA) 50th Anniversary. I love
listening to Gospel music, though I don't listen to it often, whenever I do
I am so moved by the music. My friend Roger used to sing in the church choir
and tonight was sort of a reunion of all the past and present choirs this church
has had and believe me there were some very talented people there. This choir was
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!! This musical was better than anything I have ever seen on tv
or the movies...think The Preacher's Wife....BETTER!!!!!!!!!!! They sang some of my favorite songs, "Eye on the sparrow", "Amazing Grace", "He's All Over Me" and others that I hadn't heard of before, but they gave me goosebumps and brought tears to my eyes!! I was toe-tappin' all night!!!!

I have always wanted to attend a church where they sing gospel music, it's something I have never experienced before so tonight was really special for me.

No comments: