Friday, April 27, 2007

Need to go grocery shopping...

I found this recipe on another blog and since we have absouletly no meat in the house other than hamburger meat, I think I will try this and maybe just maybe DH will like it (he hates ground beef!)...but since it's an asian dish it just might fly with him. here it is: (edited to add this was taken from nora griffin's cooking blog: http://noragriffin.typepad.com/cook/

Hamburger Chop Suey


This was one my mom's recipes...quick and good. I substitute beef broth for the 2 cups of water to give it more flavor...oh and I try to get it all made and then let it simmer for the 20 minutes the rice takes to cook so that it's more flavorful too.
1 pound ground beef
1 onion chopped
1/2 cup celery
1 tsp beef buillion
2 cup hot water
1/4 cup cold water
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp corn starch
8 oz can water chestnuts
4 c cooked rice
Brown beef in skillet and stir in onion, celery, buillion and hot water. Boil then reduce heat. Mix cold water, corn starch and soy sauce together and stir into skillet. Boil 1 minute stur in remaining ingredients.

No comments: