Tuesday, June 5, 2007

How about a Happy Post?

Okay so my last post was a bit of a downer....I wish I had something happier to post about but it happened. Can't change that. Something that is cheering me up is my front yard / porch. I'm not very experienced in gardening. In fact, I have a gardener who comes every other week. But, I do love seeing lots of color in my yard. I could pay the gardener to do it for me, but one, it's expensive and two it's kinda fun to pick out the different flowers and plants and what colors I want in my yard. And I think it's therapeutic for me to work on my yard and then sit back and enjoy the results of my hard work.

I still have more work to do, it's an ongoing process but here are a few pictures I took today.

Here is a picture of my front porch. This is one of my favorite things about my house. When the weather is nice I like to sit out on my front porch, read a book or magazines and just relax. My husband, my son and I built the porch ourselves (not the trellis and bannister, our friend built that for us).




Here is my new flower pot I purchased in Aptos a few weeks ago...LOVE THIS POT!!!!!!



My cute little happy Snail that I got at Wisteria...(that place has the cutest stuff for your garden!)




Just some pretty purple flowers (can't remember what they're called) and my new copper solar lights I put throughout my front yard!!! LOVE COPPER!!!



Here is a view of my porch from the side. I love to sit on the glider and my son loves when it's nice outside so he can sit at the little table and do his homework. He likes to sit out here and wave to his friends who ride home on the schoolbus as they go by our house and he can hear the ice cream truck when he gets closer to our house so he can flag him down (I need to remember to have my camera ready next time the ice cream truck stops by our house....I can see a really cute scrapbook layout coming on!!!!)

No comments: