Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!

ut's been almost a year I've been gone (left to try out vox.com and I'm back. I've been trying to figure out how to export all my last year's worth of blog posts back to blogger with no luck, so if you want to see what I was up to this past year you can go to: www.mesogoofy2.vox.com
and catch up on my ever so exciting life (NOT!) LoL!

I don't have time for a very long post tonight, but I'm excited to at least post a picture of the quilt I'm making, so far all I've done is laid out the design and put all the rows together so I can start sewing hopefully later this week or weekend.

here it is:



I know, not a very fancy design. I have absouletely NO clue whatsoever on how to figure out a design, I just sort of make a pattern and then change it up at the end. If you have any tips on how you come up with your quilt designs, please share!!! I'm a rookie and have SO MUCH to learn still! I still don't barely even know how to sew but I figure this will be good practice!

Thanks for reading! Will post more tomorrow. Have to get to bed early, my work is having a MEXICAN INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATION breakfast tomorrow and I have to be at work to help set up at 5:30am!!! (I am not at all a morning person so this will be really tough for me!).

One more thing, I finished reading THIS book which only took me 3 days to read! I absolutely LOVED IT and am so grateful for my BFF Valerie who sent it to me to read. It was the best book EVER!!!!!!



Go out and get this book! If you're a fan of Jodi Picoult, you will definitely love this one (it's not written by her but similar style).

Bye for now!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Best book ever! I love the quilt- I think you should get brave and do a crazy 9 patch or disappering 9 patch! I am only a phone call away when you need help! :)