Sunday, January 7, 2007

just my luck...

My Dh got out of work early yesterday so we decided to go do something fun. We picked Dave & Busters ( this place is a blast if you haven't ever been, www.daveandbusters.com - it's like a chuck e. cheese for adults and kids, super fun!)

Anyways, we drive 30 minutes to the place and notice there are flyers on all the doors and windows and employees standing at every entrance / doorway. The place is closed for maintenance or something. I was so bummed. So...since my DH hasn't had lunch we go have some Rubio's (fresh mex - YUM!) and hit Barnes & Nobles because my son has a gift card for there from Xmas - I dunno about you, but I don't reallyc are for Barnes & Nobles...I much prefer Borders.

Anyways, after the bookstore we go to the movie theatre. We decide on watching NIght at the Museum with Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson.




I didn't really know what some of the other movies were. We get up to the window to pay and the lady tells us that the heater in that theatre is broken and they are offering complimentary tea or hot chocolate. So we say okay we'll take the cocoa. We hang out in the arcade for a while since the movie doesn't start for about an hour and play some games..




Check out the groovy carpeting in this old place....I used to go here when I was a kid and it still has the same carpet! We went to this theatre cause no one barely goes you can always get a good seat, the new one by our house is always packed.



Of course my son beat both of us and remains the family Air Hockey Champion!!!




After playing video games in the arcade we decide to go get our hot cocoa and find our seats. We put the cocoa in the cups, hand the cups to the teenager behind the snack counter and he goes off to fill them up with hot water. Boy did he ever fill them up. They were burning hot even with the little cardboard sleeves. He put the lids on (you know the plastic coffee lids that are like sippy cup lids?) I think he filled the hot water all the way up into the plastic lids cause stuff was sort of leaking out, at first I thought I was just not balancing the cup right cause it was so hot but when we got in our seats and I was trying to just hurry and get the stupid thing into the cup holder the lid popped off, the hot cocoa spilled all over burning my hand, spilling on my peacoat, shoes, pants, shirt, etc. And boy did it HURT like H*LL!!!!!!! I went out and used the bathroom to run some cold water on my hand and try and clean up, how embarassing. Then went to the snack bar to ask for a bag of ice from burning my hand.

I swear I have HORRIBLE luck, these types of things happen to me often.

All in all, the movie was pretty good, I could've probably waited for it to come out on DVD but I do like Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson and they did a good job on this movie.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's the same kind of luck I have! Glad you had a great family day! Hope your hand is feeling better.