Sunday, January 7, 2007

My exciting day...

After finishing my little canvas and spending a few hours doing housework, I decided to get out of the house and take a quick trip to Walmart.

I have a bread machine that I bought a few years ago and never used. I took it out of the closet and decided I am going to make homemade bread today. Oh..the things I get excited about, I tell you! ha ha!

Anyways, I dont' really care for Walmart that much but my friend said they sell bread machine mixes there and also that she bought a food dehydrator there and I want one so I can make dried apples and beef jerky. =0)

Well I went to Walmart, and they didn't have either. I did find a food slicer so I can slice the meat for the jerky but that was it. I went to a bigger walmart (cause the 1st one said they would have the dehydrator) but no luck. =0( Called around to linen's n things, bed bath and beyond and none of them carry them in their stores or they were sold out. So I borrowed my friends machine, bought a bread mix from the grocery store and went home.

I thought I had lost the manual for the bread machine because I've had it for at least 5 or so years and just didn't think I still had it. So I just dumped everything in and turned on the bread machine. I didn't realize there was this bladethingy twisty-tied to the power cord which turns out it's the kneading blade. I realized what it was when the mix and water wasn't mixing, it sounded like it was doing something but it wasn't. So I scooped out all the goop, put the blade on, put the goop back in and started it over, it worked! It mixed and kneaded it and started to look like it was suppossed to! AND.....I decided to check my filing cabinet just in case I might have filed it under I dunno...maybe MANUALS...and what dya know, it was in there!!!! After I had already tried finding the company and emailed them for a copy of the manual and asked if they had recipes as well for the machine....I know have the original copy..I was so happy and because there are tons of great recipes for breads, rolls, bread bowls, etc. that I can't wait to try!

Anyways....3 hours later, the bread is done, it's cooling now, I'm so excited! It looks like it's suppossed to, now we'll just have to see how it tastes.





Tomorrow I might make a banana nut loaf.

As for the food dehydrator, I sliced the meat with my new slicer, have it marianating with some teriyaki, soy sauce, worcestershire, and brown sugar and tomorrow I'll put all that in the dehydrator...

I have to say I've accomplished quite a lot today....but I'm pooped from being up til 1:30am so I'm off to bed now!!!!!!

Good Night!

No comments: