Tuesday, August 30, 2005

My birthday weekend.....

This weekend we went camping for my birthday. I can actually now say I am getting a bit tired of camping. Don't get me wrong, we had a great time camping. We had good food, and good company along on our trip. Only a few annoying things happened during our trip like people who let their rugrat kids scream and yell at the top of their lungs at 7am or the idiots who open up the back of their SUVs and all you hear is "BOOM, BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM" - arrrrrrrrrrgh! this was at 6am btw. My cell phone wasn't getting any signal or you could bet I would be calling the ranger to complain. I guess that's what I get for going camping instead of staying at some nice ritzy hotel on my bday.

The guys went fishing in the mornings, they didn't catch anything but had a good time trying. My mom and I went shopping at the camp store, I bought this cute fisherman's hat for Miso... Isn't she cute??



As you can see she is absolutely THRILLED to be sporting this cool hat. =0)

We had some excitement on the last night we were there (there is always some kind of drama when I go camping...remember my little bug friend that flew inside my ear? btw - according to my friend who went camping with us who happens to be a nurse practicioner, the little guy is green and is STUCK to my ear drum - I am going to have to see a Dr. to have him try to flush the little bugger out)...Anyways....back to the excitement, some idiot in the campground next to us, actually drove his car into the water main causing a ton of water to come gushing out. The poor park rangers had to come and search for the valve to shut off all the water (which affected our water hookup). Luckily it took them a little while to figure out which rock the valve was hidden under so we filled up our fresh water tank before they shut everything off.

All in all it was a good trip. We don't have any more trips planned for another 2 weeks. School will be starting tomorrow and things will be back to normal (I hope!)

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!

Talk to you soon!

No comments: