Wednesday, August 31, 2005

First Day Of School!!!!!!!!

Today my son started his first day of 5th grade. Ever since he stopped letting me take his picture at school (3rd grade) I've started taking a picture of him in front of our house.



It's amazing how much he's grown since just last year's photo. I can't believe he is a 5th grader. It seems like yesterday I was taking him to kindergarten.

I'm looking forward to my son being back in school so that I can get some structure back in my schedule. Sometimes as a SAHM I have a hard time being disciplined in getting the things I need to be doing done. Especially in the summertime when every day my son asks excitedly "What are we doing today mom?!" I should be answering "laundry, dishes, grocery shopping etc." but I look at his cute face and that all goes out the window. I end up taking him to the pool, or great america or the movies. I'll miss that, but that's what makes the summer special, getting to spend time with my son and doing fun things with him. Providing memories for him.

Life is back to normal with getting up and dressed and out of the house EARLY, PTA meetings, Homework, getting to bed early, etc. etc.

Well, I guess I'd better go make dinner, it's a school night!!!! Bye for now!

No comments: