Monday, December 11, 2006

Cookie Cutter Fudge

Here is another cute gift idea I found on http://www.morganmoore.typepad.com/

Cookie Cutter Fudge




(this is word for word from the above website - I have not made these YET, but think I will have to make these along with the oreo pops..too cute!)

This is the easiest (I promise) and fastest (still promising) fudge recipe that you will ever make. It only takes about 5 minutes and is really yummy. This fudge also makes sweet little gifts when poured into holiday shaped cookie cutters and wrapped up with some ribbon. It's fudge AND a cookie cutter...it's the gift that keeps on giving. Who wouldn't want that?

Cranberry Orange Fudge with Almonds
12 oz. Chocolate (can use semi-sweet chips or any other kind of chocolate)
1 C Butterscotch Chips
1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 C of Orange flavored dried Cranberries (available at Trader Joes)
1 C of Almonds

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray the inside of the cookie cutters with a non-stick cooking spray. Place on parchment paper & set aside.

Over low-medium heat, melt the chocolate & butterscotch chips. Add the Sweetened Condensed Milk & Vanilla. Remove from heat & add Cranberries & Almonds. Pour into cookie cutters and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Wrap in a cellophane bag & tie with ribbon.

*The first 4 ingredients are a base for any type of fudge you want to make. You can add raisins, nuts or any other ingredients to the mixture. The fudge that is pictured above has marshmallows added to it...which I am not sure I like or not. I was going for a rocky-road type thing, but it melted and just turned into a bunch of marshmallow goo. Plus, I think I like the look better of just solid chocolate....Happy Baking!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are torturing me with all these goodies!! I'm gonna have to try these too!