Sunday, December 3, 2006

Recap of my weekend.....

This has been a busy weekend for me....

Friday night I went to a purse party with my friend Suzy and her girlfriend Rocio.
I've been to purse parties before but this one was by far the craziest! There were probably about 600 purses on display, and a LOT of ladies on a mission to find the perfect purse, or in my case 4 perfect purses and a wallet!!!! =0) I can see a scrapbook layout already about this fun night! After the purse party we went to Olive Garden for dinner, it was a lot of fun! And nice to get out every once in a while!



Last night was my 3CMGs Recipe Club Holiday Gift Exchange. For this particular event we invited our moms to come. Each mom had to make a dessert. We had SO MUCH FOOD all very yummy! We started out with Hot Caramel Apple Ciders, then we had Shrimp Avocado Starters (think...ceviche' tacos MMMmmm!), then Prime Rib, Mashed Potatoes, and Salad. And for dessert, pumpkin cake, peanut butter pie, and pecan pie. I thought I was going to have to be ROLLED HOME we ate so much!

We surprised our mom's with a framed picture of us (mother/daughter) that we took by the christmas tree early in the evening. When the moms were busy talking over tea/coffee, we hurried upstairs to quickly print out the pictures and put them into frames and wrap them. Then we called them over for the gift exchange which they thought they were just watching us exchange our gifts, but they got a gift too! We had such a nice time hanging out with friends and our mom's. Can't wait til next year!!!!

Here is a group shot of all of us:


Here is a pic of me and Trish:



Here is one of our mom's after they opened their picture frame gifts:


Here is a picture of Liana, Trish & Me with some of our gifts from the gift exchange:




Today, was chore day...I got a bunch of stuff done around the house, then it was time to go pick up our christmas tree. We found a really nice one at Home Depot. I would like to one day go somewhere and actually cut down our tree (goal for next year), but this worked out for us this year. =0)



And last but not least, I finally finished the 18x24" canvas I have been talking about for weeks. It turned out so nice, I am really excited about it and can't wait to hang it in the guest room!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow!! You had a super fun weekend!! I was so glad to see you at the purse party and wish I had been able to go to Olive Garden too...boy does that sound yummy now too! Your canvas rocks the house girl! Love it!!! Come scrap soon!!!