Sunday, December 10, 2006

My weekend...

This weekend was semi-relaxing. Friday I went to lunch with a friend to a restaurant called La Casita's which I used to go to often and actually realized I haven't been there in probably a few years. It was fun catching up with my gal pal, and also eating some yummy mexican food (my favorite!). Friday afternoon, I stopped by Suzy's store and spent WAY TOO MUCH as always, but I couldn't help it, she has all the latest stuff I always get myself into trouble there ha ha!

Yesterday I had a birthday party to go to in Mountain House for my friend's daughter's 15th bday. I decided to just give her money since that is what most teenagers seem to want most =0) so I made this card to hold her money:

(the pictures of her are cut out from her kodakgallery photo invite - I just recycled it!)



Here is the inside of the card, I sewed a library pocket to the inside to hold the money:



I had a good time at the party, then decided to drive home around 5, but got sidetracked when I stopped at Richard's craft store in Livermore on the way home. I think Katherine (Suburban Mom) mentioned RIchard's craft store in one of her posts as being an upscale Michaels. Well I checked it out and have to agree they have some pretty good stuff in there! Of course I must've picked one of their busiest nights to stop in, cause there was a line all the way to the back of the store. I was too excited about what I was buying so I didnt' mind.

After leaving there I was stuck in about an hour or so of traffic trying to get home. Got home and went out for dinner with my DH and DS.

Today we slept in late (we never do that!) and got up, and went out for breakfast. Then spent the day buying a new computer because DH decided he HAD TO HAVE some r/c flight simulator helicopter thingy that you hook up to the computer and fly a helicopter? Don't ask! Anyways, apparantely our computers don't have a good enough video card or something on it, so what should've costed 180 bucks for this game thing, ended up costing us about 700 bucks because we had to buy a new computer to use the game..... I guess Santa will NOT be bringing a new stainless steel gas grill for DH like I had planned.... =0)

I did get something out of our electronics shopping trip, a new printer! It's an all-in-one HP Photosmart C5180. It prints, scans and copies. =) I had an epson stylus photo 750 which has given me a lot of good years but it's on it's last legs and I told myself that when it ran out of ink cartridges I would finally buy a new printer. The old one still works but is tempermental at times so I might see if my DS's school would like it. Otherwise not sure, what do you do with old printers? I still have 2 color ink cartridges for it, just no black cartridges.

Anyways...we got all our errands taken care of and went out to dinner and were going to go to church, I though there was a Christmas Celebration tonight at 6pm but I guess it was an error on the church's website cause we got there and the parking lot was pretty much empty and the church doors were locked. Kinda dissapointing, I was really looking forward to going but oh well.

I'm going to spend the rest of the evening, possibly scrapping, well maybe I should actually put away all my goodies from Suzy's and Richard's first! =0)

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

Bye for now!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the info on Richards, I think I'll have to make a road trip (all of 20 minutes lol) out there now! Beautiful card and layout too!