Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Hard to say goodbye......

One of my best friends is going to be moving away soon. Her husband was offered a great job in another state which will provide their family with a better place to live, bigger house, better schools, so much more than they could ever get here in the bay area. I would probably do exactly the same thing if given the opportunity, it's just hard to say goodbye. They will be leaving in less than a month. I'm going to be so sad when she leaves but am grateful for email, cell phones (cingular mobile-to-mobile!!!), blogs, etc. which will make it easier to keep in contact.

I was at my son's school this afternoon making copies of the PTA newsletter with a friend, and stopped when I walked by the school's map of the U.S. that is painted on the playground. My friend took a picture of me standing in the state my friend is moving to. I wrote her an email and sent her this picture to let her know even though she's moving away, I will be with her in spirit, and will be in touch so often that she won't even have a chance to miss me. =0)

No comments: