Friday, October 6, 2006

HSG...not a fun thing

So I've been putting off having this done for almost a year. My fertility benefits are running out as of November 25th, so time is running out and I needed to have this test HSG also known as a Hysterosalpingogram done before I have no coverage or I'd have to pay $1500.00 out of pocket. This test is so that the dr. can see that there is no blockage in my fallopian tubes (I only have one so we were check to make sure the one remaining tube was okay). It also checks the uterus to make sure everything is allright. I read on 2peas that alot of people say it's not that bad, but a few people had bad experiences having this done. For me, it was quite uncomfortable but fortunately it is a very quick test. I was in and out in less than 30 minutes. Have had some uncomfortable cramping but it's now done and over with and I'm glad I finally did it. The radiologist did say that the dye flowed through the tube nicely so that was a good sign. I kinda had a feeling nothing is wrong with the tube because I have gotten pregnant, I just can't seem to keep a pregnancy past the 6 weeks point. The dr. said we'll have the results back in a few days but that it looked like everything was okay according to the radiologist. Hopefully if all goes well I will atleast have one more try at artificial insemination (IUI) before the coverage runs out. Then we're switched to a regular plan for self-employed which does not have fertility benefits. I figure if I've been pregnant 5 out of the 6 times without fertility treatments I should be okay, atleast I'm getting some of the more expensive tests run and not having to pay for that. Hopefully one day soon we'll be blessed with a pregnancy that goes to term....

No comments: