Saturday, October 21, 2006

Some pics of my new den....

Some of you asked to see my den when the cabinets / desk were finished....

Here is my desk:



My pottery barn wall organizer (calendar, bulletin board, in boxes, chalkboard, etc.)
If I don't have my calendar right in front of me, I WILL FORGET THINGS!!!!
So this has been a HUGE help for me:



My den is just off the dining room area, so we added this buffet / serving cabinet (not exactly sure what to call this cabinet) It holds all my extra serving ware, small appliances, Holiday dishes in the cabinets. The drawers I have one for my husbands aquarium stuff that used to be just sitting on the side of the aquarium, not it's all put away! Another drawer for my yellow pages, and address books, another drawer for my batteries, candles, and fragrance oils from body shop! and a drawer for placemats, placecards, napkins and napkin holders. This has give me so much storage I am loving it!



I also love that I have a place to dispaly all my family pictures. This spot is perfect for it! And if we entertain, I can use the counter top for additional serving area:



Here is my coat rack I bought from Lowes. I wanted one that was black to match the pottery barn wall system. They only had white ones so I took all the hardware off and painted it black to match. I might get the small wooden letters from Michael's and paint them, and hang them with a ribbon on to different hooks, (one letter for my husband, one for me, one for my son) Not sure I will probably paint it a metallic satin silver)



We still need to change out the carpet. I think we might do pergo since it's a heavy traffic area and has spots on the carpet. Still need to finish crown moulding and base, paint the door to the garage and back door and it should be done! =0)

No comments: