Sunday, May 27, 2007

My day on Friday...

So I'm kinda working backwords on my posts.....I don't know how to date them in the right order on blogger so sorry these are all backwards!

Friday was a ROUGH day. I had to get up really early (3:30am) and pick up my girlfriend at 4:30am so we could drive to Redwood City to the hospital and get there by 5am. My friend was scheduled for surgery at 7:15am. We get there and the hospital does NOT have her on the schedule.... I felt so sorry for her because she was actually looking forward to this day (it was an elective surgery) and had finally worked up the courage to do this and fasted since the day before and they don't have her scheduled. They call the doctor, they try and figure out what's going on and turns out the hospital screwed up on something. They were able to work her surgery in but not til 1pm...which means she still can't eat and at this point is totally starving. They start her on an IV to at least keep her hydrated and the nurse she had was so nice and funny. She was telling her to just picture the IV bag as a nice big juicy steak. Well we were sitting and talking and next thing you know the nurse shows up with a picture of a steak with potatoes and she tapes it to the iv bag...I thought that was so cute and so nice..it helped put a smile on my friend's face and make her laugh which was good cause her nerves were starting to get to her.....

I won't post the pic of her with the IV bag as she would just kill me for posting her pic without makeup! But I did take a closeup of the IV bag.... =0)




After her mom met up with me at the hospital around 12, I was able to leave to go to my son's school and pick him up (the bus arrived back from Science Camp at 12:30pm)...I just barely made it back and missed the bus arriving with the kids...kinda bummed cause I wanted a shot of him by the bus but oh well! I was just so glad to have him back!

Well we went home, unloaded the car and it was time to get ready for a baseball game. I had to run to the doctor's to do some bloodwork, and then it was off to the baseball game. It was the LONGEST GAME EV-ER!!!! THe first inning was 45 minutes long!!! We scored 4 points at the top of the 1st inning and the other team scored 10 runs at the bottom of the first inning (which is crazy because the team is not that good)...It was a long game, it ended 23-10 (we won) and then the coaches wanted to take the kids out for pizza. Usually we go but I was just exhausted...so I picked up some Hoagy Steak sandwiches, ran by HOllywood video to pick up a few movies for the weekend and went home. It was a very long day!!!!

2 comments:

tommie said...

visiting from 2 peas...

i dont think that is working for her....at least it wouldn't be for me!

sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

wow... that is a LONG day. and a long ballgame.. yikes.