Monday, September 3, 2007

A Day in Santa Cruz

Saturday was our "family day" so we decided to go to Santa Cruz. We ran some errands, went to Camping World in the morning and then headed over to have a late lunch / early dinner in Santa Cruz.

We went and bugged our friend's son who works as a parking attendant at the boardwalk, parked and took him to lunch then left to walk around a bit.


We didn't ride a bunch of rides, just one, I made my husband ride the ferris wheel with me. I hadn't been on one in YEARS!!! It was so much fun, and kinda scary...we were REALLY high up!






Before we left the boardwalk, we took pics in the picture booth in the arcade section (for old times sake!) My husband and I have been together for 19 years and used to take these pictures all the time....so it was fun to do this. It brought back memories. =)



After we left the boardwalk, we went to Downtown Santa Cruz and went to a skateboarding shop so our son could get some parts he needed and then we headed back to the beach to go on the wharf / pier.


Here is a picture of the Santa Cruz beach boardwalk from the pier:




We had a nice very casual dinner sitting on a bench on the wharf eating my favorite things to eat at the wharf!:we shared clam chowder in a bread bowl, shrimp cocktail and my husband's fav ceviche. It was so nice to just sit out in the warm sun and enjoy the views.

No comments: