Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Quick recap of my week SO FAR...

Monday - unpack our RV from our camping trip / r/c race last weekend - my son came in 2nd place woo hoo!!!

Tuesday - got my brows and hair did...went through STICKER SHOCK when I found out it was 180.00 to get my hair done...I was out 200 bucks by the time I paid for the services and tip YIKES!!!
**Fount out Justin Timberlake CANCELLED and RESCHEDULED his SJ concert...bummed that we can't go tomorrow....

Wednesday - spent my evening helping my son with accelerated pre-algebra (Arrrrrrrrgh!) BECAUSE he finished all his homework first thing when we got home but of course I waited til almost bedtime to ask him to let me sign off his school agenda and all his work. Noticed there were two math problems with only a ? where the answers should have been which started a discussion on why we didn't ask someone earlier for help? And how many times do I need to tell you that if you need help you need to tell me, because I do not have E.S.P.? Turns into son getting all frustrated and crying because he is at this point totally tired and wants to go to bed.(have you gone through this with your kids?? - it is so frustrating for both ends!)

So.....we pull out the handy dandy math book, and I try to review the example problems to see how the heck you solve these problems!

let me just start by saying I don't even remember ever taking algebra back when I was in school. This is all foreign to me. I *think* I have figured it out but I call my friend who is a chemist, he comes up with the same answer as me but isn't positive cause he is a little rusty with these types of problems, so I call my friend's daughter who is a year older and had the same math teacher last year. She confirms we have it right but then as I'm asking her about another problem, I realize my son has skipped steps on a lot of the problems and this leads us to redoing the entire assignment when he should be in bed!!!! SO MUCH FUN I TELL YA!!!!

So....if you feel like being challenged (if you're like me) here are the 2 questions he had which he had no clue how to do:

1. 10[8(15-7) - (4.3)]




2. 8[26+10) - 4(3+2)]


See if you can answer them.... =0)

Will write more later...my brain is completely fried! Must go do something that doesn't require too much thinking, like play my pogo island poppit game on my new nintendo ds lite!

B-bye!

No comments: