Thursday, September 27, 2007

Tuesday.....and Wednesday

Okay, hopefully this will be a better day right? WRONG!
While doing laundry I transfer my son's clothes that he put in the washer into the dryer. I notice his ipod shuffle and head phones in the heap of clothes...just GREAT! I turn the power button on and no light comes on. I go to my compuer and google: ipod shuffle washing machine.... (isn't google great?!) I find out that this happens quite often to people and there is some hope. IF, ou don't turn the power button on and you let it dry out for a few days to a week it will start working again. Too bad I didn't google first then try it out. I turned it on. So...i'm just hoping and praying that it will work again even though I turned the shuffle on.

I go to pick up my son and his friend from school and inform him his shuffle was washed with his clothes and no longer works so say b-bye to your shuffle! Good job taking care of it, it hasn't even been a year since you got it!!!!

We get home and my son informs me how bad his day has been (I guess the shuffle news was just icing on the cake). He had his science teacher kinda reprimand him for something she thought he did (she thought she saw him pretend kick his friend while in line waiting to go into the class - when he was actually showing his friend how he did this skate trick at the park and hurt his leg). So he was all upset because she made him stay outside the class and talked to him while the rest of the class went inside so she could discuss it with him. He was all worried that she thinks he is a bad kid etc. etc.

Then at lunch he couldn't find his friend to eat with so he had to eat by himself. Then last period, he was talking to a friend and saying how he got honor roll 2x last school year and some kid he doesn't know says "honor roll in what? the retard class?" I swear kids are sooo mean! I asked my son what he said back and he said he told him "dude, you don't even know me!" and then the kid just turned away and talked to someone else. I guess he is just one of those kids that just randomly picks on other kids to see who he can push around.

Then..... it gets better. My son realizes that he left his brand new hat in his math class and he had just gotten it back because he had left it in his friend's mom's car when he spent the night and his friend had just given it back to him in 1st period and he already left it in his 3rd period class. So we got back to school so he can see if he can get it from the teache r and the doors are locked. The janitors were really mean to him and kinda yelled at him when he asked if he could be let in to get it, he was so upset at that point he almost burst into tears when he got back into the car...it just really was not a good day at all. I did call his science teacher and talk to her about the incident and we worked it all out. She just thought he was horseplaying but didn't actually think he would really kick someone.

Thankfully yesterday (wednesday) was a better day. He found his hat, the mean kid didn't say anything to him and overall he had a good day. Jr. high is such a big difference from elementary school. Kids at our jr high are pretty rough. And have been exposed to alot more than they should at their age. My son has been pretty sheltered so it's an eye opening experience to say the least. We're taking it one day at a time and hopefully things will get easier......

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope your week has gotten better! Hope that Ipod dries out and hooks your son up with tunes again. Hope school gets better for him too!

Monica said...

I did the same thing to a video camera that got wet--turned it on and ruined it. Now I tell everyone I know about letting electronics dry out!

My son is going to jr. high next year and I am SO nervous. We've totally sheltered him as well and he still seems so little.