Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Christmas Shopping....are you done yet?

I have to say that Monday was a pretty productive day for me. I had my morning talk with my BF Valerie (who moved to Illinois) and we both decided when we hung up on the phone we would head to Toys R' Us to get all our xmas toy shopping done. NOw normally, I would just order everything on Amazon.com - but I decided it'd be much easier and I wouldn't have a million amazon.com boxes to get rid of afterwards if I just go to toys r us and buy everything at once. So...............................
I'm excited to say that I am just about finished with all my xmas shopping. I have a gift card to pick up from Pier 1 for my brother's girlfriend. Normally I would buy or make something with a little more thought put into it, but my brother and his girlfriend just bought their first house and I think the gift card will come in handy. She has a 3700sf house to decorate, and I don't know what her decorating style is yet so I think a gift card will be the best way to go.

The rest of my gifts I need to make, which is one of the to-dos that's been running through my head over and over again.


I hit macys after toys r us, and went into the watch dept. to get this super cute anne klein charm watch for my sister. I was kicking myself because Macys had a friends & family 15% discount a week ago and I forgot to go in. So I went in prepared to pay the full price and mentioned missing the previous sale and the saleperson told me, well we can just presale this, you pay for it now but it won't actually charge your card til wednesday, you pick it up on wednesday and get 20% off....SWEET!!!!!!

So of course, now I've saved a whoppin' 19 bucks, I have to go to the mens dept and spend 200.00 buying a bunch of shirts for my DH. I noticed the other night when going through some of my favorite pics of me and my DH or of my family that my husband seems to have the same shirt on in many of the pics. For some reason when we go somewhere, he picks this light blue striped polo shirt to wear with jeans...ha ha. So I decided okay, this guy needs more shirts to choose from so we don't look like we had some crazy photo shoot of family pics all in one day!

Of course I don't stop there, then they ring me up, they're out of gift boxes, so I have to go to gift wrap dept., then I decide well, my DS needs some shirts too so I'm off to the kids dept. and bought him a bunch of shirts and a pair of jeans. Then back to the gift dept. to get more boxes.

After that I went to Burger King (which I do not like to eat at all, I actually don't like fast food very much anymore) but my friend told me that Burger King has these cool X-Box games for 3.99 with a value meal. This is the king of mom I am, I was prepare to buy 3...count them....1-2-3 value meals just so I could buy all 3 games in one day. But lucky for me and my diet, the cashier only made me buy one value meal and I was able to buy as many games as I wanted! So I ended up getting 2 of each so my friend doesn't have to eat BK either (sorry burger king!!). I was actually more excited about the 3 xbox games for 3.99 each that all the stuff I bought at Toys R Us!!!! ha ha!

After that I went home and are you ready for this...I wrapped EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

I am on a roll I tell ya! NOw I just need a Christmas Tree to put the presents under!

Hopefully my DH will get off early one day this week so we can get our tree.....
I'd better mark that down on my list of things to do!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Gee whiz! What's that saying? No good deed goes unpunished? I guess you were just tempting fate with two good deeds in a row.