Sunday, November 26, 2006

Scrap Room is ALMOST COMPLETED!!!!!!

I am SOOO excited that this room is almost finished! I'm waiting on some friends to do some trim work in the room for me (around the window and closet) and crown molding. Need one more shelf hung, and will hang a 18x24" canvas I'm working on on the wall behind the bed (will post pics of that when it's finished). Anyways...here are the pics of the room so far.

This first pic is of a cabinet I added on AFTER the built-in desk was put in. I decided I *still* did not have enough space for all my things.... I have my ribbon organized by color in one drawer, all my flowers, sewing stuff, eyelets, brads, etc. in another drawer, and SU! markers, and miscellaneous tools in the top drawer. ON the shelf is a Kodak Brownie camera, the letters FAMILY, a candle, a little wire basket and a vintage jar with red, black, and taupe ribbons. I'm going to hand another shelf like this one soon:



This picture shows my brand new sewing machine (broke this baby out the box today, can't wait to use it after taking the scrapbooking sewing class a few weeks ago!), my cricut machine, a vintage wire tote with all my coloring pencils, my AMM tote with all the necessities, some vintage jars with flowers, and embellishments I'm anxious to use soon! Don't mind the ugly chair, I have an armless bankers chair on order and hopefully it will be here soon!



Full view of the desktop, basket has all my supplies for the A Year To Remember class by Big Picture Scrapbooking (this won't stay on top of the desk for good, just have it there to throw in supplies as I buy everything), a carousel from Pampered Chef that holds more pens and tools, my directv satellite box - a reminder from my hubsand to call them tomorrow to get it hooked up in my scrap room!, and some clutter in the corner I need to put this stuff somewhere....



Here is a pic of my new bed I had built. It's a copy of the one in the Pottery Barn catalog only the wood matches my desk and cabinets. The bedding is from PB. The baskets underneath store matching red guest towels, trial size toiletries for overnight guests, sheets, extra blankets / bedding, and some cardinal red canvas material from PB that I'm going to use to make a valance for the window and chair cushions for my desk chair and rocking chair that will be added to the room later (they're both black wood). The baskets on the other side of the bed store my scrapbooking idea books and magazines.



The closet stores all my picture boxes, class kits, projects I'm going to be working on in the future, my sizzix, ink pad carousel, lazy suzan double decker for all my acrylic paints, all my stamp sets, canvas, albums, navigator and XXL and other totes for going to crops.

Hope you've enjoyed a little peek into my scrap room! I'll post more pictures as I get more accomplished (hopefully the 18x24 canvas I'll have done soon!

4 comments:

Monica said...

Gorgeous! I love the wall color, too.

Jill said...

Wow! It looks great - so much room to work & all set up for guests too...let's see, I think next weekend is good for me! ;-p

SuburbanMom said...

Looks fab! Love the bench with the cushion and baskets. :)

mesogoofy2 said...

Thanks ladies! That bench is actually a twin bed. It's hard to tell in the pictures though.

Tangee, we have a guy who does custom closets and cabinets but he's located in Hayward. I'm not sure how far he would go (if he'd go out to Fresno) but I can give you his number if you'd like!