Monday, November 20, 2006

Happy Birthday Dear Hubby!!!!!

So, yesterday was my husband's 36th birthday. This was the first year I didn't really plan anything, I feel bad, cause I usually have a cake, a card, presents, etc. way in advance (well not the cake, I get that right before we give it to him ha ha)....so much has been going on this past week that there just wasn't enough time to pull something together. My husband isn't really a big fan of celebrating holidays anyways so he wasn't crushed or anything.

We thought the "Good GUys" car show was this weekend, turns out it was last weekend they just still have signs up from it at the Pleasanton Fairgrounds. This weekend was the Harvest Festival...I would have loved to go to that but don't think that would fly with my DH. So we ended up going to the Blackhawk Auto Museum in Danville. We had a great time. Walked around the shops at Blackhawk Plaza first - went into Restoration Hardware and bought a few stocking stuffers...if you are looking for some cute stuff, go to their website, they have all these neat vintage games and things for stockings! I bought my DS pick up sticks, a prank kit, magic tricks, and a few other things. I got my DH a cute little tackle box for his stocking with some lures and stuff.

Then we ate at Alberto's Cantina. Their food is DELISH!!!!! We split a bunch of stuff, Ceviche Cocktail, Posole' (I LOVED THIS - it tasted like my friend's mom's recipe, super good!) and an appetizer plate with mini burritos, quesadillas, flautas, and chimichangas....yum yum!

Here are some pics from the restaurant (which is cool cause in the center of the plaza there is a little river that runs through with waterfalls, it's really pretty)











Here are some pics from the Auto Museum:




No comments: