Tuesday, November 28, 2006

A funny thing that happened in Toys R Us....

I forgot to mention this funny thing that happened in toys r us yesterday in my previous post. So......

I'm in the video game department with my cart loaded up to the top with toys and games and videos. The lady in front of me has a newborn baby strapped to her chest in one of those snugly things. When the cashier hands her the shopping bag, she accidentally knocks down this stand with a million sony PSP brochures in it.. She obviously can't bend over to pick them up with the way the baby is strapped in so I immediately go and pick them all up and put them back. Good deed for the day, CHECK!

So while I'm doing that, another couple get in line in front of my overloaded shopping cart. I get back in line, see that they have only 2 items and I have a million, no big deal they can go first. I'm in no hurry. I don't even mention to them that I was next in line.

Well, the lady starts asking the other cashier if this is the right game she needs, she wants the one that just came out, her and the cashier walk to the back and her husband or boyfriend stays at the counter waiting. Well she takes a really long time and the guy finally tells the cashier to go ahead and ring her up (pointing at me) and he leaves the game on the counter and walks back to where his wife is.

The cashier proceeds to ring me up, he's scanned about 5 of my things so far and the lady walks up irritated and says "um, we were READY!!" with an attitude like WHY are you ringing HER up, we were NEXT!. I told her, he said to go ahead and ring me up. She was like well we were next and you have a lot of stuff in your cart! I said "Yes I do, and that's fine, he can void me out and ring you up. But just so you know your husband is the one who told the cashier to ring me up so don't yell at him or me, talk to your husband!". She stomped off and yelled DAVID!!! to her husband and then they were back getting rang up (in front of me) and then she just said "Thank You!" all rude to me. How annoying!!!!!! I was proud of myself though for saying something because normally I would just keep quiet and b*tch about it later. But I actually said something and stood up for the cashier. Some people are so rude.

No comments: